Notarizing a DS-3053: Vital Information about Minors and Passports.

Are you planning to travel to an international location with your entire family? Are your children already excited about the trip? It’s great to have a family vacation, but you should not forget that your little children do not have a passport yet.

Parents and guardians should obtain a notarized DS-3053 form for their wards. It will give your children several advantages. Read on to know more about notarizing a DS-3053

What is a DS-3053 form?

Before delving into the details about the DS-3053 form, let us look into a few vital facts regarding getting an international passport for your children.

It is required that both parents give their consent before a child under the age of 16 can obtain an international passport. However, certain circumstances can prevent your partner from joining you at the passport agency office. Perhaps, your spouse is away on business or living in another city entirely.

In such cases, you will need a DS-3053 form. It is a Statement of Consent form, which is also referred to as a Passport Parental Consent Form. It is required for issuing international passports for Minors under the age of 16 years. It is required that you fill this form while doing the passport paperwork for a child in the absence of one of the parents.

Vital points you need to know about notarizing a DS-3053 form.

The procedure of notarizing a DS-3053 can be complicated if you are not well prepared. It is essential that you present a document regarding the citizenship of a child, and guardianship -if required. You should also have your personal identification and written consent from the spouse who could not be present with you at the passport office. However, if you are the sole guardian or have the sole custody of the child that is under 16 years, you do not need the DS-3053 form.

You can circumvent the stress and time required to notarize a DS-3053 form by using the service of the Official Houston Mobile Notary. They allow you to notarize your DS-3053 form online at any time you want. At such, you do not need to take time off work or pass through the hassles of taking your child to the passport office. With this service, you can notarize your DS-3053 document at the comfort of your home or office.

How to Notarize your DS-3053.

1. Download the DS-3053 form. It is available in various file formats.

2. Print out the form and fill it, but make sure you do not sign the form!

3. Find a commissioned notary public and book an appointment. Make sure you are with your ID.

4. Sign the document in the presence of the notary

That’s all! You are now ready to travel abroad with your little kids.

Do you want to notarize your DS-3053 form?

Navigate to the booking page, your notarized DS-3053 will be ready in just 15 minutes.

#MinorsandPassports #Notarizing #DS3053

Notarizing a DS-3053: Vital Information about Minors and Passports.


© Copyright Official Houston Mobile Notary. All Rights Reserved.